Saturday, November 7, 2009

cleaning


Last night before dinner (5:15) I made the twins help me clean up the loft. I told them they had to pick up the potato heads and the duplos. I would do everything else. Courtney picked up the potato heads but didnt want to help pick up the duplos. I told them they couldnt eat or go in the hot tub until they were all picked up. They pretty much played w them while I picked up all the other stuff (books, princesses, stuffed animals etc) When I was all done Jon said dinner was ready. I put the girls in their rooms while I ate and told them after I was done eating they could come out and clean up then eat. I finished up went upstairs and let them start cleaning...they were not doing it. They couldnt play w anything else but they were subborn. At 7:45 after Jon and Sam had a nice soak in the hot tub I told him he had to figure out a way to get them to do it. He said he sat on the floor (I did that for awhile) and said if they didnt have it picked up in 5 minutes they would go to bed w out any dinner. They cleaned it all up and came downstairs and ate. They didnt get to soak though which they were very upset about but that was the consequence. It just made me so mad that Jon got them to clean up and after I tried everything...except threaten bedtime w out eating....

No comments:

Post a Comment