Wednesday, December 31, 2008

40

Jon and I went to Vegas on Sunday and spent 2 glorious nights at 'the hotel' at Mandalay Bay. Monday was the big four oh for me. I cant believe I am 40! We had a great time. We ate at Jons favorite Chinese place 'the joyful house' the first night. we ordered to much food but it was soo good! On my birthday we went to '9' at the Palms. We have been wanting to go there since before Sam was born. On the food network they use to have a show that spotlighted great restaurants and this was one of them. They had this cold seafood platter that was to die for! So tasty!! We ordered to much again but we did our best to eat it all! We did some gambling too. It was not my lucky trip but at least Jon didnt lose as much as me. My favorite game has always been roulette (when I was 29 I won over 1500 playing black & 29) but this time none of my numbers came up and when I bet black it was 0-green! We came home with money still in our pockets, well Jons wallet! We had a suite at the hotel. So the first night we ended up getting a movie and going back to the room. I know what a lame way to spend a night in Vegas but we dont get the chance that often to just kick back without a kid or three making some sort of noise...and I am 40! plus the suite was AWESOME! When we went to the car on my birthday morning we found out we were robbed. Someone stole the stereo navigation system out of the Tahoe again! So we had to spend an hour with the Mandalay secruity filling out a report and then they sent us to the LVPD to fill out a report there too. Not the best way to start out my birthday but I didnt let it get me down we had a great day and an super evening.

Kim sent me these delicious chocolate covered strawberries! Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment