Friday, December 12, 2008

Barley

The big dog lies around sleeping all day and night and gets pretty much only gets up when the kids are eating. Has to get the scraps! Last night the kids were being horrible at dinner, ever since we got back from TX they dont want to sit in there booster seats at dinner time-not a problem at all for breakfast or lunch though, its driving us crazy! But I digress...well last night I went to give Barley my good night hug and pet like I always do and I couldnt find him anywhere. He's a big dog so he's hard to miss. I ended up waking Jon up and then I road my bike around the neighborhood (it was past 11 pm) and I am freaking out, he's so old, he hardly ever goes out front, he doesnt know the neighborhood at all and to top it all off he never wears a collar. I looked at the mail boxes and somebody had found him! yay! I called and went and got the dog 4 doors away. They lady was super nice, she has four dogs so Barley had a great night hanging with some of his own species! I think we need to start taking him for walks so the neighbors know about him. (the lady knew we had twins) He is jsut so slow these days that a walk around the block would more then likely take a half hour! He's such a good ol dog I was just so sad that I thought we lost him. She had had him since 5 and we didnt know it, what bad dog owners we are! He got lots of attention today and as I type I hear him snoring away! Good dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment