Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ikea

After swim lessons today (sam swam about 10 feet on her back all by herself today) the girls and I made a trip to the Ikea in Tempe. Sam wanted to go in their play place which made it so much easier to get some shopping done since the twins were strapped in to the double stroller. My main goal was a table for art projects and such. I have been looking at Craigslist but havent found much and the ones I do find have already been spoken for. This blue table was only $35 and I think it will be perfect. I did buy two more green chairs ($15) plus I found a few other goodies for the house. When I was all paid for a nice man helped me push my cart out. He said he has three kids himself and thought I looked like I needed some help, his wife pushed there cart to there car. (Sam was still in the play place too) I always think its nice when people help eachother out! After I was done loading the car up we went back in, got Sam and went to the diner. They have the best deals there. Today they gave out a free drink with purchase, I ended up getting 3 kids meals and I had chicken alfredo with garlic bread and a salad and it came to $10. What a bargain. After we ate I told Sam she could get an ice cream cone (frozen yogurt but she thoguht it was ice cream) I got two, one for her and one for me and the twins. We ended up getting rather large cones and it took Sam about 25 minutes to eat the whole damn thing! She wouldnt share it all, I use to be able to lick the drips away for her but she was not going to let me have any of it so she took care of it drips and all! She was in absolute heaven!



Tonight we started and new ritual. Well I am hoping it stays...This house is so dang big that the toys are getting a little out of hand and after a big day of playing there seems to be a toy (and a shoe-all the girls have a shoe fetish) in every corner of the house. So before Sam gets to watch any of her 'Goodnight Show' or get a book read to her she has to have her room clean. She did an excellent job. I did make all the girls clean up the toys in the living room before we headed up for baths and after bath they all helped clean up the loft area. It's amazing how quickly the place can look like a tornado hit to how much a ten minute tidy can clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment