Saturday, December 22, 2007

The drive north

After spending yesterday afternoon packing up the car, getting the kids fed, bathed and in the jammies we pulled out of the driveway at 6:27pm. Sydney and Sam promptly fell asleep. We had a quick little stop at Bevmo for my dads Crown Royal they woke up. Sam had been telling me all week that she wasnt going to sleep in the car until she got to Namy and Papas motorhome. She stayed up and watched Cinderella over and over. Finally fell asleep around 10:30. I think Syd stayed awake until 10:45 (its kind of all a blur) Jon and I switched off a couple times doing 2-3 hour stretches at a time. He did have to drive through the pass which wasnt all that bad he said. Oregon sucks driving through. The freeway is very curvey and they change the speed limit often from 50 to 60 to 65 to 70. No rhyme or reason to it all. Thankfully no tickets for us. I did see 2 others getting them though. I also saw the neatest truck at about 2:30 am. It was all lit up and it had a big ol Santa Sleigh on the back. There had to be at least 10,000 lights on it. I wish I had a camera handy but it was going south so it would have been hard to catch. Everybody else was sleeping too. It was a site! We reached my folks at 4:30 at a rest area near marker 281. We got in, hooked the tahoe up to their motor home and Dad drove us all the rest of the way. It was nice to crawl into bed and get some sleep. We got to Everson around 11:30. It's just been a relaxing day with more naps and lots of playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment