Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Advent Calendar


This past weekend we decorated the house a little. We didnt want to go overboard with the house being on the market but it's my favorite time of year and we have to have a tree up (I'll post a picture soon--it's definetly decorated knowing babies are in the house), stockings hung by the chimney with care, and lights on the house. On Saturday (December 1st) I went to Target, I was hoping to find one of those toss away advent calendars where you open each day and there's a piece of chocolate but after walking through the store I couldnt find them so I asked. The toss away ones were clear on the other side of the store but this one was right where I was at. I figured this way we'll have it every year and I can put at least 5 Hershey kisses in it each day. I do have the book "The story of Christmas" and it comes with a paper calendar where you lift the flaps and there's a picture and each day it tells part of the story of Christmas. I thought Sam was not going to like it at all because it's not written for a child but every night so far she wants to find the number on the calendar and read the page. I'm very happy about it. I dont want her to think Christmas is all about Santa Claus, presents and candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment