Monday, September 22, 2008

it broke

Last Wednesday night we were playing horsey. I was the horsey it was gettign a little boring so I ended up playing bunking bronco and Courtney fell off. She cried for a sec but jumped back on. Didnt think much of it really. The next day though she had a slight fever and just wanted to snuggle with Namy. We thought she jsut getting a cold, her nose is always runny here and shes been getting all her teeth in, we didnt think much of it, gave her some tylonel a couple times. The highest it got was 100.8. On Saturday morning Jon noticed she wasnt really using her left arm and wanted to watch it. After he said that it was really noticable that she wasnt using it at all. We thought it was her shoulder but she could move it and didnt scream so we didnt rush to the ER over the weekend. I wanted to but then I figured I was being overprotective and we could just wait until Monday to go the pediatricians office. I felt like the worst parent ever when she told me her arm is probably broken. She put both arms together and you could totally see how bow shaped her arm was, something was wrong. She put her arm in a little splint and sent us off to the Xray place. After they took the pictures I asked if it was broken and they wouldnt tell me, they doctor had to but they gave me copies of the xrays so when I got in the car I looked. It doesnt take a degree to see that was broken. I felt horrible. The doctor called and is setting it all up to get a cast on sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment