Monday, February 4, 2008

seperation anxiety

This morning was Sams worst case of separation anxiety. Sydney has a slight fever (100.6 last night and 100.9 this morning) I think she is cutting a tooth but I didnt want to risk exposing Mondays toddling times playgroup so I asked Karla, who was hosting this mornings playdate, if I could just drop Sam off. All she talked about yesterday was going to Cynthias and playing with her friends and this morning the first thing out of her mouth was "lets go to Cynthias now" At 10 I packed up the girls and headed up. We talked about how Syd was sick and how she was going to play with her friends while mommy left with the babies. She was fine with it until we actually got there. She did not want me to go. After the 3rd time back to the car I told her I would watch her put on one dress up dress then I would have to go. The twins were not happy sitting in the car for 20 minutes. She went in, she sat on Karlas lap for a second and then got herself a dress. I helped her into it and told her I had to leave...more crying so we took off the dress and left. Major drama in the car driving away. She promised if I took her back she would play with her friends and I could leave so I turned back around and tried one more time. Nope didnt work. Complete hysterics so I finally gave up after 30 minutes of this the twins were not happy so I had three bawling kids driving back home...oh what fun parenthood is! They are all happy now sitting in their highchairs eating mac and cheese with veggies watching Dora. Sam said she was going back to Cynthias tonight after Daddy gets home so he can watch the babies...I'm not looking forward to that conversation tonight when we have to tell she cant

1 comment: