Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This morning I took the girls to church so Jon could have a couple hours by himself at the house to do whatever he darn well pleased. He said he surfed the net and watched a little bit of 'Taladega Nights'. We met up with him in Surprise and went to the yummy NYPD Pizza Place. when we got back it was time for the twins to take their naps so Jon took Sam to 'Kung Fu Panda.' He met Kim and her nephews there. Sam told me it was a little bit scary and she really didnt like it but they stayed and watched the whole thing. Afterwards they went back to Kims and went swimming which is what she wanted to do all along. I thought how great I'll get few hours of quietness too but Courtney decided today she did not want to nap...after about an hour of me trying to force it I just gave up. She was quiet for about a half hour so maybe she got a tiny cat nap and I did get to read a few chapters of my book so I was happy. The girls and I are getting Jon a beach cruiser with a bike trailer for Father's Day but we decided to wait and get it after we move...one less thing to move! He did want golf lessons, clubs or something golf related but I told him that he can have that when in 2 years when I wont mind him leaving for FIVE hours to go enjoy a rounnd of golf...right now I need him here when the weekends roll around!
Last night we went to Thee Pitts Again. It's a BBQ place that was on the Food Network show 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dive's.' It looked really good so Jon wanted to go for Father's Day. It worked out best to go last night and boy was it tasty. We got so much food too that there was enough for dinner tonight plus there is just enough for a sandwich tomorrow. We will definitely be going back there but ordering very differently. We only ordered 1 kids meal but Jon and I both got the 'big' meals. he got a taster sample and I swear it was 3 lbs of meat on his plate and I ordered the 3 meat combo. Sydney loved it the most out of all the kids, she is such a carnivore!

Here are a couple pictures of Courtney this afternoon being cute as can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment