Friday, August 3, 2007

Twain Harte






Wednesday morning I packed up the kids and headed to Twain Harte. It's a cute little town about 2 1/2 hours east of here. My friend Julie goes there every summer with her family and she invited us to come up for a night. We rented a cute little cabin and had a blast. There was this cute little loft that had a twin bed, perfect for sam but of course she didnt sleep in it, she got the nice fluffy queen size bed and I slept in the loft! Samantha loves playing with her best friend Taylor. The twins just giggle when they see Dominic! We spent Weds afternoon at the beach. The girls loved playing in the sand and getting up on the dock. They were so cute in there little swim suits. Samantha loved her tasty ice cream cone. We were going to go out for dinner but we decided to get a pizza and eat it back at the cabins so the girls could run around. I think taking 5 kids out to dinner would have been a nightmare! Julie has a bunch of nieces and nephews and they were all such a big help. They love all the babes! Thursday morning I packed up the car and we went into town and played at the park. Then we walked through town. Julie said it has changed a bunch over the years but it's still a quaint little town. The drive home was from hell. First there was a detour that wasnt marked very well so I ended up somewhere...thank God for our navigation system, it got me on the right path...then all of a sudden the traffic was at a stand still. After sitting there for about 5 minutes without moving I decided to 4X4 it and get off the freeway. I was about 30 feet past the off ramp when it just stopped. When I got to the top of the overpass it looked like it went for miles at a standstill. so again I used the navigation system and followed the back roads. I did end up in Modesto. I had to go to the bathroom...we've been in the car now for over 3 hours and I did drink a iced latte...so I did some creative thinking and it was taken care of. I was very happy to make it home. It was a lot of work for one night but it was fun. Next year I'll try and stay for two and bring someone along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment