Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chris and Julie


My good friends from high school, Chris Reynolds and Julie Bobbitt, came for a long weekend visit. We hadnt spent anytime with eachother since highschool but we started talking again through facebook. It's so funny how there are people in your life that you never meant to lose contact with but you do. It was a very familiar feeling being with them even though it had been 22 years! They werent strangers at all. It was so wonderful to be able to spend a good amount of time "catching" up. Alot happens in a persons life in 2 decades. They both are very happy and I am so excited to have them back in my life!

Neither Chris or Julie have kids..so this weekend was a little hectic but of course my girls loved them...especially at bedtime when they kept begging one more book please!

Chris and Samantha

Our big adventure was Sunday mornign I decided to take thme on a hike up Camelback.

My niece had done it a few months back and said it was a really fun hike but hard. She kept asking me to go with her (until it got really hot) she even wanted a camelback water back pack so she could go because she said carrying a water bottle was to hard. Anybody who knows Alyssa would think that this "hike" would be something that she would have hated. It is hard and steep and at times you are even crawiling n your hands and feet up the side of the mountain. I had to text her in the middle of this hike to tell her I was impressed because it's a badass of a hike. We all werent that prepared for it. Thankfully we had a lot of water but we should have packed some snacks and I sure should have had a bigger breakfast! It took us 3 1/2 hours to go up and down. It didnt help that we all were talking eachohters ears off and everytime we took a break we'd get a talking! It was so much fun! Thank God they like to hike!!


We finally made it to the top!

cheers!

and back to my house for homemade pizzas!!

1 comment:

  1. On the flight back to Seattle I was sitting next to a Swedish man whose family has been in Portland for the last 8 months. He was telling me how much he was loving his new American life, but that he really missed his family and close friends back in Sweden as well. I told him about how I had just spent the weekend with my high school girlfriends after not seeing each other for 22 years. I said the *exact* same words to him...that it was such a nice familiar feeling spending time with you and Julie even after so much time had passed. Pretty neat, huh! So glad that we have all reconnected again. :-) Thanks SO MUCH Liz for hosting. Loved spending time with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete