Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Debbie

In August of 2003 my mom was diagnosed w aplastic anemia. At first they did a few different procedures but they didnt work. With my moms age they were a little hesitant on doing a stem cell transplant but she was at the point where if they didnt do anything she wouldnt be around any longer. They found a donor and in January of 2006 they put her stem cells in my moms body. She had to live in their RV near the Seattle cancer care for 3 months or so afterwards and was monitored closely by the doctors. Her blood cells were up and her body took to it. She no longer has the disease and is alive all because of this wonderful woman Debbie. I encourage everyone to be a donor. http://www.marrow.org/ It doesnt take much and my kids have their Namy because of this wonderful gift!
This week Debbie and her husband flew out from New Jersey to spend a week with my mom. They have been in communication for over a year now. They were told that they couldnt find out who their donor was or who they donated to for a year afterwards. They called with an hour of eachother to ask...My Mom and her stem cell donor Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment