Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Parenting is hard!

Sometimes I wished I worked. I love my kids to death but they stopped listening to me. when they dont get their way they scream like it's the end of the world...and when does screaming get their way? never. Last night we had a pleasant trip to Costco for out monthly supply. It went pretty smoothly until the last 5 minutes. We were in the check out line and all the girls were trying to climb from one basket to the other (we always get two carts) I was trying to get them all in one so I could take them to the car and get them loaded in while Jon paid. Samantha and Courtney were not happy about this arrangement at all. Screamed and cried the whole way out of the store and Sam was even doing her blood curdling scream. I am moving as fast as I could but not running...it doesnt help that I have to go by the food court and see every eye staring at me. I was not happy and neither were the kids. Sydney was quiet and quite content during this whole thing. Once we got home it was straight upstairs and bed time for Sam and C. Sydney wanted to watch a little bit of the "Good Night" show so we rewarded her with that downstairs. Auntie Kim, Mike and Jack came over to pick something up so Sam and C came down to say hi. I was telling Kim about our fun trip to Costco and I accidently said it was Syd and Sam. So she made them both say they were sorry to me. I felt bad afterwards because Sydney wasnt the one who caused my sadness. I did learn though that taking the tv privileges away works. (at least I think it will for Sam at least) They all went to bed a little earlier then usual so I did have a nice relaxing evening watching tv. Today I took the girls to the gym childcare so I can take a yoga class. It was a great class. I got all stretched and focused and ready to conquer the world. Sam had a little sad whimper when I left her but I knew she'd be fine just like yesterdays sadness at school. When I was just about to get the girls I got paged to the childcare center where I was told that Courtney isnt playing nicely. She and Sydney dumped out the big thing of crayons and Courtney refused to help clean them up. (she did the exact same thing at home yesterday and sat there for 30 minutes while I told her she couldnt do anything until they were all picked up-Sam got tired of waiting for her to do it and she wanted to play with her so she picked them up for her-I guess it pays to have a helpful sisiter sometimes) The ladies at the gym put her in a "time out" then when she got out of it she was in rare form and started bullying everybody. It was time for her to go. She got kicked out of childcare! My sweet Courtney turned into the devil child! there went my relaxed yoga mental state. I am so grateful to be a stay at home mom. I am glad to be there for all the firsts and to help them along in life but there are times when I am envious of working moms. Their houses get to stay clean and when they get to be with their kids their kids are mostly happy because they get to be with them. I know the grass isnt greener on the other side and I know I am one lucky mom to have 3 beautful healthy fun girls but sometimes I day dream...I wouldnt change a thing though!

No comments:

Post a Comment