Monday, October 5, 2009

Nursemaid elbow

The twins went to ballet today. It's a class where they get to go by themselves. The teachers dont want you to stay. It's been good for the girls to be around other kids but today they were the stereotypical "double trouble" twins. They both got time outs and had to be separated from each other. The teacher was really nice about it and she said after she separated them they were great. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Makes me wonder if I should separate them when they go to preschool. I was a little upset with them and as we were leaving we have to walk through the gym with all the free weights and equipment so I make them hold my hand. Sydney didnt want anything to do with it and ran away from me. I grabbed her and she pulled away from me pretty hard and pop went her elbow. I felt horrible. she immediately grabbed her arm and said it hurt. We went home and I fed them dinner but she just wouldnt let go of it. She even made me put two purple band aids on it. I decided to take her to the urgent care. It was really crowded and we had to wait a good hour and half (thanks Rachel and Beka for watching Sam and Court) After about an hour Sydney took the band aids off and said her arm felt nice. I figured we had waited so long I better let the doctor look at it to make sure it was all right. The orthopedic surgeon who saw Courtney last year when she broke her arm said that the elbow should always get looked at if its hurt, its a tricky joint I guess. Once we got in the doctor said it was "nursemaid elbow" and it's very common. He said lots of times it gets popped back in at radiology. He checked her arm (which she was very upset about) and it was indeed back in place so he even refunded my copay since he didnt do anything. I have to give a thumbs up to "good night pediatrics" (the triage nurse told me next time to go a different one - the wait there isnt as long, let's pray there isnt a next time)

Here she is dancing right before she had to go in. There were so many kids there with the flu and the parents were probably wondering what the heck we were doing there! Let's pray that we dont get the flu now since we right there in the thick of it! I put a ton of anti bacterial liquid on us so hopefully that killed all the bugs! Time to go get our flu shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment