Thursday, September 27, 2007

Doubletalk II

This morning was my doubletalk class. the twins had runny noses so they spent the morning w Kris while I went to the class. There was one other mom there by herself too. The twins were great for Kris but didnt sleep at all so they slept the whole way home and then I sat out on the grass in front of the house for 30 minutes while they slept in the car...I was getting hunger so I moved them into the house...and they stayed asleep for another hour and a half! Great nap. they totally skipped lunch so they are having a bottle right now while I am typing. At class today Karen, the teacher, called me an anomaly. I guess I am doing things a little different then most people. Today she said we werent suppose to do spices until after they are one and I've made them chicken curry. I read somewhere that it is okay to start experimenting, they loved it! She also said we arent suppose to do wheat either, after the anomaly comment I didnt say anything but I have been giving them biter biscuits, waffles, pancakes, toast, bagels etc... I guess since wheat is a common allergen that "they" are telling people to wait until they are a year old. Last week I told everybody that the twins only drink 12-16 oz of formula a day and I guess 24 is the minimum. I had talked to the doc about at there 9 month check up and he said as long as they are getting calcium from other products that was just fine. It works for us. We have good sleepers, pretty much and happy growing girls so it going great. It's just funny sitting in a room full of other moms and they are looking at you like your crazy...curry! It's a great class though and the women are all wonderful moms going through the trials and tribulations just like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment