Monday, September 17, 2007

We made it!

The journey was long but we pulled into the driveway at 5:30 am! We left Bellingham around 12:30...after a quick stop at the Greek festival for gyros. The kids were ok. Sam wanted out of her carseat pretty much the whole time and she figured out that we'd take her out if she had to the bathroom so she went about 50 times! I took a nice little nap and let jon deal with it for awhile! We got to Woodland, Wa around 5:30 and Namy and Papa got all set up in the rv park. It was drizzling but that didnt stop Jon and sam from walking down to the river. The twins stretched their little legs crawling around the motor home. We fed the twins and were off around 6:30. We made a stop around 7:30 for a quick drive thru Wendys. Once the sun was down for good Sam wanted the light on. She talked about it for about an hour so we finally pulled into a gas station and they had a litttle light for 9 bucks which I thought was too much so we went across the street to Kmart and I ended up buying this really bright lantern for $7 but I had to buy 4 D size batteries for $6 so it ended up being more then the cheapo one at the gas station. It was too bright and she got bored with it after about 10 minutes...go figure. She finally fell asleep around 9. I drove for a little bit but Jon got the worst of it from Midnight to 4 am. He's not a coffee drinker so it really kicked in for him. I drove the last hour and half and boy was it great to walk through the door. I carried Sam into her bed and she asked me what I was doing so I told her it was still night time and she had to go back to sleep and I left the room to help with the twins. We got everyone down and I checked back in with Sam and she had one of her Dora sandals on and she couldnt find the other one so I had to turn the light on to find it. SHe put it on and crawled back into bed and slept. Syd woke up at 730 and Jon took care of her while everyone else woke up an hour later. At afternoon nap time we shut Sam into her room, put the twins down and we all took a nap! Boy did we need it. Then we headed to the Pates to get Big dog and had dinner. Sam was so excited to see them. After a quick stop at Windmill Farms we got home, jon got the kids bathed and ready for bed while I ran to Safeway for groceries. Got home and made some baby food now it's off to bed I go! Glad to be home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment