Friday, July 20, 2007

bug bites

When we were in Houston last week Sam got bit a bunch by fire ants and mosquitos. Two of them have gotten really red and swollen (I was going to post the pics of them but they are a little gross so I wont) I sent the pictures to my good friend Hunter (an ER Doc in Seattle) to see if I should take her to the doctor or was I just being the over protective parent that I can sometime be. After looking at the pictures he said I should. So I packed up the twins and did a switch at the daycare, Debbie watched the little ones while I took Sammy to the doc. After waiting in that little room for at least 20 minutes the doctor finally came in. She isnt our regular doc but I like her. She said that they werent infected but Sam needs to take childrens benedryl and hydrocortizone ointment. She did write up a scrip just in case in got worse of the weekend for antibiotics. They dont seem to "bug" her that much but every once in awhile she says they hurt. Poor little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment