Wednesday, October 31, 2007

scary morning

UPDATE: Yep, Courtney has an ear infection...10 days of amoxicillin 3 X's a day!
Courtney had a terrible night. At 5 jon checked her temp and it was 101.6. We couldnt find the infant Tylenol so he went to Safeway and they didnt have any so he got infant Motrin. I looked up how much I was suppose to give her in "The Baby Book" and it said 1 1/2 droppers full but it wasnt the usual dropper that comes with it so I didnt read very carefully and I ended up double dosing her. I FREAKED out and made Jon call the after hours number at the doctors office. He talked to a nurse then she transferred him to the poison control (that serves Rhode Island and Massachusetts-odd) and they said the worse thing that will happen is that she will throw up. While he was on the phone I was giving her a bottle and when I went back into the bedroom I gave her the bottle from the middle of the night so if she throws up it could either be because she had to much Motrin or drank an old bottle. Not the best mothering this morning! I will be taking her to the doctors today to see if she has an ear infection because she was miserable all night long, at least Sydney only woke up once!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Courtney, and Mom, are doing better! Sounds like a night you'll never forget and she'll never remember...

    ReplyDelete