Saturday, June 2, 2007

the bicey fairy

Last night was a big night in our household. Samantha gave up her pacifers (bice)! She had 3 of them so we put them on the front porch in a plastic bag and in the middle of the night the "bicey fairy" came and took them away. She gave her 3 presents and a very nice letter telling her that she is a good friend of Dora the Explorer and that they are both very proud of her being such a big girl. I thought it was going to be a long night but she was pretty good about it. We gave her a little stuffed Dora so she snuggled that. This afternoon she whispered to her dad that she wanted her bice but he explained that the bicey fairy took them away and they arent here anymore. Hopefully it'll go well tonight. She was so "addicted" to it and I am so glad it's gone! I know it's going away a lot earlier with the twins.
On another note, I went to bed last night deciding that I wasnt going to breast feed anymore. I have been feeding both of them for about 10-15 minutes each morning but the last couple mornings it's just been Sydney so I thought now is the time. The only reason I was doing it was to get some one on one time with each girl but it wasnt working out that way anyways. It's sad but I did the best I could. I just am bummed that I couldnt do it full time since formula is so dang expensive. I did try Costcos Kirkalnd brand a few weeks back and Cj had a terrible rash the whole time and it cleared up the minute I went back to the Enfamil. I am going to try targets brand next and hopefully she'll like it. We go through one of those big cans every 4 days and at 25 bucks a pop it adds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment