Friday, June 29, 2007

the Dollar Store



A few days ago my friend Julie reminded me of the dollar store. It puts "the dollar spot" at Target to shame. It has everything and it's only a buck! I packed up all the kids in the stroller and we dared to go in... Sam got to pick out a few treats because she was really good and didnt fuss much about staying in the stroller. She got a snow globe and she picked out a knock off of cheetos. I dont think she's ever had them but she really wanted it. When we got home I gave her a bowl full and she told me that was her favorite part of lunch. I also surprised her with a Dora mylar balloon (only $1-what a deal!) she was so happy. She sat with it the whole drive home but I didnt realize she took the string off of it so when I opened the door out went the balloon. She wanted to chase it, it was so sad. She had these big crocodile tears. If it wasnt lunch time and the twins werent fussy I probably would have gone back right then. Instead I gave her the little speech on how she has to keep balloons tied onto the strings blah blah blah...We decided to meet Jon for dinner at our favorite hawaiian bbq place. So after dinner I had Jon take all the kids home and went back to the dollar store to surprise her--plus I bought 10 more items, such a deal! She was so happy when I walked through the door holding the Dora balloon...she thought it was the same one. When I am in the mood to just shop I definetly will be heading back there...it doenst break the budget like walking through Target or the mall!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Haven't visited for a few days. What great pics. I will miss our days together-back to work. We will just have to be creative with playdates-etc. You and the girls can meet me sometime for lunch compliments of J&J.

    thanks,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete